Resident engagement at the LJHA is co-ordinated by Simon Phillips, our Community Engagement Officer.
Our Resident Involvement and Engagement structure is composed of three main groups:
• The Resident Consultative Group is the highest-level of resident involvement. It feeds in directly to the LJHA Board, Operations Sub-Board and Finance, Risk and Audit Sub-Board. This means that residents can influence the development of strategies, policies and plans and the overall organisational strategy of LJHA.
The group currently has 10 members, representing both General Needs and Sheltered Housing residents. The current members are:
Sally Brown Murray Burke Diane Feddy
Stephen Oxley Lizzi Pell
The Terms of Reference for the RCG have been drawn up by members of the group in partnership with LJHA, and can be accessed via this link. The group have also signed up to a Code of Conduct and Confidentiality.
• Resident Ambassadors are people who live in a particular block or street. Ambassadors collect and communicate areas of concern or ideas, as well as engaging with and informing their neighbours about things that are happening across LJHA. You can view the Resident Ambassadors Terms of Reference by clicking here.
The list of Ambassadors are as follows. We have vacancies at Lady Park Court, Queenshill Gardens, Stoneleigh Way, Stone Court, and Cranmer Gardens/Road.
Bentcliffe Court – Colinne Jackson, Jennifer Purcell
Burton House – Marcia Levy
Burton Mews – David Gloan
Cherry Tree House – Alan Myerson, Susan Balmforth and Ralph Ross
Green Park – Diane Feddy
High Moor Close – Daryl Schiffeldrin
Hillside – Sarah Glynn
Queenshill Avenue – Danielle Sapherson
Queenshill Drive – John Diamond
Sheila Saunders Lawn – Jean Wheatley and Stevie-Anne Melia
Stonegate Way – Pat Dapin and Val King
• Hot Topic Groups are one-off groups to give opinions to staff on services they are receiving or where services have dropped. Hot Topic Groups contain residents who have a particular interest in something. Or they may have experience or expertise in something. More information on the Terms of Reference of Hot Topic Groups can be found using this link.
You can learn more about what these groups have done, and are currently doing, on our ‘Resident Engagement Updates’ page.
Interested in getting involved in any of our groups?
You can call the LJHA Office on 0113 320 7777
You can e-mail Simon at [email protected]
You can text/WhatsApp Simon on 07584 601192
You can message LJHA on Facebook via the ‘LJHA – Leeds Jewish Housing Association’ page
You can also complete an Expression of Interest form, where you can tell us how you would like to get involved, what services are most important to you, and the skills and knowledge you have. Please click here to view the Expression of Interest form.
Communicating with Us and Communicating with You
We’re committed to making it as easy as possible for you to contact LJHA. There are lots of ways in which you contact us. See Contact LJHA – Leeds Jewish Housing Association for more information.
We are also committed to responding to you in line with our Communications Charter below.
If you would like us to contact you in a particular way, please let us know. We can then make a note for our records. We have lots to tell you, but please let us know if there is anything you don’t want to receive from us.
We have revised our Communications Preference Form, which you can access here. Please complete this to keep us informed on how you would like us to contact you.
We are committed to making the neighbourhood and world we live in a better place, and want to do our bit for the environment. In view of this, we aim to minimise the amount of paper and ink that we use by printing letters to residents. Where possible, we will do the following:
- If you have provided an e-mail address to us, we will e-mail you.
- We will place notices on communal noticeboards where these exist, as well in communal lounges.
- We will send information via our LJHA Community WhatsApp group, and/or individual block/street WhatsApp groups To join, please message Simon Phillips on 07584 601192.
- We will update our website regularly.
- We will post information on the LJHA Tenant Community Facebook page.